What is C Betting in Texas Holdem Poker?
C-betting, also known as a continuation bet is a popular move – mostly because of its simplicity and effectiveness. As it’s easy to execute, more players are implementing skill set. It’s an easy concept to grasp. Once you’ve read this article, you will be able to take advantage of the C Bet.
C-betting or a continuation bet made on the flop after raising pre-flop, even when a hand doesn’t develop on the flop.
The concept behind a continuation bet is that opponents will hit only 30% of flops. The other 70% of the time it’s assumed that your opponent will rather check to see the turn and river. The C Bet takes advantage of these percentages.
Pressure Your Opponents
When opponent doesn’t hit the flop, they will question if you hit the flop? You can pressure them to make a decision place another bet. Most of the time, you’re opponent will have to fold. That is all there is about C Betting. It’s a bluff, but a calculated one.
Now wait, it isn’t that easy. There are some factors to consider before you can use a successful C Bet. These include the following:
You should know the range of the hand of your opponent. A C Bet will be successful only when you have a high certainty that your opponent misses the flop. Never C Bet against a calling station or an extreme loose opponent, they WILL call you to the river.
The size of the C Bet
A continuation bet should be 75% of the total pot size. Anything less and your opponents will easily call you. If you bet more, it will be just too risky. Always consider the equity before you raise.
Considering the Flop
You should always consider the flop before you C Bet. Never C Bet on a flop, which has too much drawing power. Suppose you hold Ad Kc in hand. You raise. Two players call. The flop comes :8h :9h :Tc. C-betting here wouldn’t be wise.
Position at the Table
It’s better to C Bet at the later position. You want to act last to make your bet more effective. C-betting under the gun isn’t incorrect but should be used sparsely.
You should also be cautious about getting trapped by a check-raise. Preventing a check-raise is why you should have a clear read on opponents. Ultimately, it’s best to C Bet when in position.
The C Bet is an inexpensive play, yet very effective. If you follow these guidelines than the C Betting alone can help your poker win rate.
Join our bitcoin poker newsletter! When you register, you will receive exclusive offers and freerolls.
>>> Sign Up Today!<<<